Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who was Shakespeare?

  William Shakespeare, he was the best English Language writer in the world. He has impacted the world with his areas in art, literature, culture, theater, and film. Really that is what we actually know a lot about him. His religious affiliations, sexual orientation, sources for collaborations, authorship of and chronology of the plays and sonnets are all known but in speculation. Also, the dates of birth and death is something that is still a mystery since back when Shakespeare was alive, they weren't dated. We do know when he was baptized and who his parents were but that's about it. Also what church he attended and when he began to write but the exact dates are unknown. I guess I can say that I understand Shakespeare's writing way more than I did before when I had barely started reading his work. I'm sure I'll never fully understand it but it'll be enough to know what I am reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment