Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

  When Facebook was first out, I really just thought it was plain stupid but then again there was Myspace going on too. Finally though Myspace was over so I moved on to Facebook and at first I had no idea how to use it but then little by little I began to like it. I guess it was a much easier way to communicate with people; I have met so many people with it so I think that would be one of the benefits. Another thing I'd say is a benefit is the fact that you can keep in touch with people that have moved away or like family that is not from here. In addition to this, Facebook also helps throw out messages that many people can't easily get from somewhere else or like even nowadays instead of people making invitations in paper, they make events on Facebook which are announced to all or certain people who have one. Facebook recently though has changed dramatically. The privacy has decreased overtime and now you can literally see like every move that your friend makes and the worse part is that you can't remove the side bar that allows you to see all the information. Also, I post some stuff on Facebook through my phone and on the settings which I can't change, it allows everyone to see what I have posted. Privacy to me is the biggest risk. Cyber bullying is also one big thing that goes on on Facebook, throughout the comments, you can see many people just talking shit to each other or like even just people getting into fights. This article actually just had me wondering if any of the information I have posted on Facebook is one that would catch the attention of others but then again, I am sure my information that I have posted is decent. I pretty much no the standards of what to and not to post on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment