Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paragraphs on AP Intro Essay Exam

1. Write 1-2 paragraphs about the test in which you answer the following questions (you may post to your blog or bring hard copy to class Friday 2.17):


  • What was easy/expected?
  • What was difficult/unexpected?
  • What did you learn about the AP questions?
  • What did you learn about your own performance under pressure?
  • How will this experience influence your preparation for the actual exam?

The exam taken today I thought was pretty difficult to do. For example the first one with the quote, I did not understand what the quote meant which really made it impossible for me to get the introduction done right. The second question though is the only question that I would say that I'm actually certain about because I did understand the question but the last one was a little iffy. I learned that these AP questions may have really difficult words and that I need to learn how to analyze any quotes given to me until I know exactly what each of them mean so that I will address the prompt accurately. I learned that by being under pressure, I tend to just barely think about what I am going to write and just end up writing whatever comes to my head whether I know it's write or wrong. This experience will help me in the way that I will think more about what I'm going to write rather than just start writing because I noticed that when I just began to write, I had a lot of time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment